Willard Chapel Interior


The Willard Memorial Chapel and Welch Building is one of the finest examples of 19th century architecture still standing in Auburn, New York. The building was constructed as part of the Auburn Theological Seminary between 1892 to 1894. The architect was A.J. Warner from Warner and Brocket of Rochester and the builder was Barnes and Stout of Auburn. Included in the Historic Willard Chapel are 14 opalescent windows, a rose window, a large figure window, nine Mooresque styled chandeliers, memorial tablets of glass mosaic tile and gilt bronze, furnishings of oak inlaid with metal and glass mosaic, a ceiling with gold leaf stencils and mosaic flooring, entirely designed by Tiffany Glass and  Decorating Co. of New York City. 

CLOSED NOVEMBER 1, 2022 - JUNE 1, 2023


Willard Chapel will be closed for tours starting November 1, 2022 until June 1, 2023 for our highly anticipated Phase 1 Interior Restoration! 


This includes the restoration of the Tiffany Chandeliers, evaluation of the Jacob Holzer Tablet and the wall finishing, as well as other electrical upgrades. 


We are still undergoing a Condition Assessment from the Nzilani Glass Conservation Company of California. 

Chapel Interior 2.jpg


Willard Chapel is closed for tours November 1, 2022 through June 1, 2022 

Due to our Phase 1 Interior Restoration. 


We apologize for the inconvenience!  

We've created another online silent auction auction!

The auction & raffle was created again in lieu of the Community Preservation Committee's Annual Chefs' Night Dinner. Chefs’ Night was our signature fundraiser for over 25 years. Due to lingering Covid concerns and the significant negative impact suffered by the restaurants, their owners and chefs who so generously support us, we decided to only hold an Online Silent Auction.

The auction is live NOW  until Monday December 12, 2022 4:00 PM. Do your Holiday shopping early, or shop for yourself and help support the Community Preservation Committee and Willard Memorial Chapel. There will be more items added as the days go, so make sure to keep checking in on the auction. To make a bid over the phone, CALL 315-252-0339 or TEXT 315-730-6878. Happy Bidding!

Community Preservation Committee Online Auction 

auction photo.jpg